Follow This Map to See 10 Beautiful Illinois Wonders This Fall
Take a road trip through Illinois this fall that you and your family will never forget.
All morning long I've been seeing photos of my friends and family's children leaving for the first day of school.
This meant a few things to me.
- Summer road trips are over.
- Traffic will now be filled with school buses every morning and afternoon while I'm commuting to work.
- It's almost fall, bring on the beautiful trees and leaves and all things pumpkin.
- At least this only takes 13 hours to travel, this would be perfect to do on a fall weekend.
I stumbled upon this map from OnlyInYourState that highlights 10 Beautiful Natural Wonders in Illinois.
I first thought of my sister Sara, who once took a road trip down the east coast in the fall. I was so jealous of her trip as she saw some of the most beautiful scenery America had to offer. I've always wanted to take a trip like that, but at this point in my life, I'm going to have to wait a bit before I can go.
Thankfully, here in Illinois, we have 10 different insanely gorgeous areas that look like they are out of a fairy tale book. They are incredible natural wonders, state parks and well... just beautiful places.
Here's how to see them all.
Along the route are these 10 stops:
1. Illinois Beach State Park
2. Mississippi Palisades State Park
3. Starved Rock State Park
4. Matthiessen State Park
5. Pomona Natural Bridge
6. Giant City State Park
7. Ferne Clyffe State Park
8. Cache River Natural Area
9. Garden of the Gods
10. Cave in Rock State Park
Honestly, I can not wait to visit these places. If they look half as incredible in real life, especially in the fall, as they do in these photos... we are in for a real treat!