Five Outrageous Illinois Laws You Won’t Believe
There is a popular trivia question that has made it's way around regarding a law that we break just about every day. The answer is "speeding".
You may be breaking these ridiculous laws without ever knowing it. I guess some laws were meant to be broken.
- In Joliet, it is illegal to mispronounce the city's name. You will be charged with a misdemeanor and receive a $5 fine. Practice it now. Joliet (Joe-lee-ETTE).
- In Collinsvillle, it is illegal to let your pants sag. It's known as the "sagging pants law" and you must have your pants "secured at the waist to prevent the pants from falling more than 3 inches below the hips."
- In Chicago, it is illegal to eat while inside a burning building. It's not only against the law, but is also against all common sense.
- In Urbana, it is against the law for monsters to enter the city limits. Makes sense. If you have ever seen 1987's "Monster Squad" you should know how much hard it is to deal with a monster epidemic.
- In Cicero, looking up while "relieving yourself" is against the law. What are you supposed to do? Stare at it? Put me in jail.