Everything You Need to Know About Stroll on State 2015
Downtown Rockford will turn into a beautiful holiday wonderland once again on Saturday, November 28 for the 2015 Stroll on State, and there's a whole bunch of cool things to get excited about for this year's event!
If you haven't taken your family yet to a Stroll on State event, please promise me you will this year! It's the perfect way to put you in the holiday spirit and take in the beauty of downtown Rockford, not to mention have a great time with your family and friends!
Here's everything you need to know about this year's Stroll on State:
- When: Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Time: 3 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Rockford along East State Street
- Cost: Free and open to the public!
Not only will your family be able to take a lovely stroll enjoying the sights and sounds of the season in Rockford, but there will be all kinds of yummy foods and drinks to enjoy, fireworks, ice skating, and whole lot more! Here's the list of what's happening that night:
- Moonlight Jazz Orchestra Performance - 6 to 9 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Hall
- Holiday Market - 3 to 9 p.m. - Next to Veterans Memorial Hall - Shop a great collection of gifts from Rockford businesses.
- Horse & Wagon Rides - 3 - 5 p.m. & 7 - 9 p.m. at Main Street location; 3 - 9 p.m. at Water Street location
- The Studio presents "Good Grief, Rockford" - Performances at 3 ,4, 5, 7 and 8 p.m. - Nordlof Center - Join the Peanuts gang for a family friendly musical showcase.
- Merry & Bright Stage - 3 to 9 p.m. - Corner of West State and Main Streets - Live entertainment and a countdown to a lighting of the community Christmas trees. Trees are located at: Veterans Memorial Hall; along the riverbank between State and Jefferson Streets; Wyman and State Street and Eddie Green Place.
- Holiday Window & Firelight Dimmers - Performances at 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 p.m. - Stewart Square
- SantaLand - 3 to 9 p.m. - Stewart Square - Be transported to Santa's North Pole Workshop while you wait to meet Santa himself.
- Frostyland - 3 to 9 p.m. - City Hall - Shop holiday gifts from local artist, Lisa Frost.
There's even an app to download that will help you plan your stroll that night! You can save events to your "My Stroll" page, see the map, and even get up to the minute reminders on what is happening and when. Register for the app now here.
We can't wait to stroll with you soon!