City of Rockford’s Highest Paid Employees [List]
Whoever said that public service doesn't pay was definitely wrong. The 2015 salary report is out. If you think the Mayor makes the most money, you are wrong
State law requires that employee salaries and benefits are subject to public disclosure as these positions are paid for by tax dollars.
Here are the Top 10 salaries (including OT and benefits) paid to City Of Rockford Employees in 2015
1. PATRICK HAYES – LEGAL DIRECTOR LEGAL DEPARTMENT – $194,557.65
2. CHET EPPERSON – POLICE CHIEF POLICE – $188,235.78
3. DEREK BERGSTEN - ROCKFORD FIRE CHIEF – $184,892.23
4. JAMES RYAN – CITY ADMINISTRATOR MAYORS OFFICE – $183,278.61
5. TIMOTHY HANSON – PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR - $180,748.27
6. JOSEPH CORL - FIRE DEPT - $178,669.40
7. CHRISTOPHER BLACK - FINANCE DIRECTOR - $176,669.40
8. JULIA SCOTT VALDEZ - HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR - $172,305.51
9. MATTHEW KNOT - FIRE DEPT - $171,828.03
10. LARRY MORRISSEY - MAYOR - $171,286.12
Source: City of Rockford
The City of Rockford employees salary database is matter a public record. If you want to find out how much your favorite City of Rockford employee makes, get the complete salary database here
The highest paid employees work for the police and fire departments, followed by Public works. The average total compensation ranges from $68,000 - $90,000 for police and fire. With overtime, one police officer made over $150,000 in 2014, not including benefits.
Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey gets paid an actual salary of $130,889 and is guaranteed a job for four years. When you add in his benefits package, his total compensation rises to $171,286. Rockford Alderman receive a base salary of $12,000.00. However, some also receive taxpayer insurance to the tune of $20,592. Boosting the net compensation to as high as $35,838.72 for Alderman Kevin Frost
If you are not lucky enough to get a job in with the city, you might try one of these. According to USAWAGE.COM has a listing of the TOP paying average salaries of occupations (outside the public sector) in Rockford. Here is the Top 5.
1 Physicians and Surgeons $179,740
2 Chief Executives $134,080
3 Pharmacists $121,820
4 Veterinarians $117,940
5 General Dentists $113,710