Christmas Tree Recycling Locations
Sniff, sniff. It's time to take down all our beautiful holiday decorations, and that also means it's time to get rid of that live Christmas tree. Please do not just throw that tree on your curb, recycle it! Simply remove all the lights, stand, and decorations from it and drop it off at one of the 13 easily accessible recycling locations that Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has set up all over the Stateline area.
Christmas tree recycling centers will be set up from January 1-15, 2016 at:
- Riverdahl Park (Don Schmid Youth Sports Center) at 871 Sandy Hollow Road in Rockford
- Blackhawk Park at 101 15th Ave. in Rockford
- Levings Lake at South Johnston Ave. entrance at Montague in Rockford
- Andrews Park at 800 North Central Ave. in Rockford
- Gambino Park at 4421 Pepper Drive in Rockford
- Alpine Park at 950 South Alpine in Rockford
- Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve at 4550 North Pecatonica Road in Pecatonica
- Baumann Park at 300 South Walnut in Cherry Valley
- Valley View Farm at 6440 Belvidere Road in Roscoe
- Rockton Boat Ramp Parking Lot at 830 E Main
- Williams Tree Farm at 4661 Yale Bridge Road in Rockton
- Machesney Town Center in the Southwest lot at 8750 N 2nd St. in Machesney Park
- Martin Park at 5600 Park Ridge Road in Loves Park
Trees are also accepted by the City of Belvidere Street Department at 515 West Locust St. in Belvidere between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The trees are chipped into mulch that is free to the public while supplies last at each recycling location. You must bring your own containers and shovels to collect this pine mulch that is great for landscaping around acid-loving plants such as roses and evergreens. All remaining mulch will be cleared by March 1, 2016.