Beware, Your Child’s Teething Toy May Be Filled With Mold!
As a parent of littles, I know that most bath toys and teethers that are often submerged in water are likely to develop mold inside them over time. I am, however, very sad to learn my kids favorite teething toy could be suffering the same fate.
When we first bought Sophie the Giraffe for my oldest daughter Ella, it pained me to spend $25 on a toy that she would just slobber and chew on. Being a new parent though, I had heard so many rave reviews on the toy from friends with littles, so I decided to splurge a little on this Easter gift for my dear daughter.
Ella loved it, and continued to play with it even after her teething days were done. In fact, I eventually had to hide it so that baby number 2 would be able to use it when the time came. Fast forward 2 years, and now my daughter Harper loves spending her days slobbering on ole Sophie as well. Now, I will admit Sophie probably hasn't had as many baths in her years with us as she probably should have, but maybe her lack of appropriate hygiene could be a good thing? It will seriously pain me to cut open and throw away a $25 piece of rubber...
I think Sophie will be taking a nice bleach water bath today...just in case.