8 Rockford Playgrounds You Have to Visit This Summer
Rockford has over 50 different playgrounds you can visit this summer. Here are eight of our favorites.
The summer is beginning to heat up and the best way to get all of kid's energy out in an afternoon.
There is nothing better than climbing on the monkey bars, sliding down the slide and trying to swing as high as possible on the swings at the park. I spent many afternoons and early evenings as a kid at the playground at the end of our subdivision.
It was familiar and great, but sometimes I longed for a change. I just wanted to explore a new playground, with new equipment and different kids to run around with. I wish a list like this was around when I was a kid!
Here are eight playgrounds you should bring the kids to this summer.
1. Alpine Park - 950 S. Alpine Rd.
2. Sinnissippi Park - 1401 North Second St.
3. Beattie Playground - 1221 Rural St.
4. Ingersoll Centennial Park - 315 S. First St.
5. Atwood Park Estates - Halverson Dr. & Rockview Rd.
6. Summerdale Park - 2815 Overdene Ave.
7. Moose Park - 4301 N Main St.
8. Collins Park - 1406 River Bluff Blvd.
If you are interested in visiting even MORE playgrounds this summer, check out this great list from the Rockford Park District.