8 Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
We know you're supposed to keep milk and beer in the fridge, but apparently, the fridge is not for everything.
When it comes to food, I can be a know-it-all. I know how many calories are in one egg, how many ounces of chicken you should eat at each serving, roughly what 1/4 cup of shredded cheese looks like and I can cut a pineapple like a boss... but I still didn't guess all of these 8 foods you shouldn't refrigerate.
Most of my foodie knowledge comes from the hours I used to spend in front of the Food Network in college, which is where this list comes from, thus I trust it.
Did you know not to put these foods in the fridge?
- Tomatoes (store them on the counter... I knew this one!)
- Melon (don't put them in the fridge until they're cut)
- Potatoes (keep them in a cool, dark place)
- Onions (don't refrigerate these until they're cut)
- Garlic (keep them cool, dry, and ventilated)
- Apples (what??? I disagree)
- Berries (seriously?)
- Stone fruit (nectarines, plums, peaches, keep them out of the fridge, too!)