8 Christmas Day Traditions to Start This Year
Each family has their own set of traditions that surround the holidays, but it's always fun to add a few more to create memories that will last for years to come. Here's 8 cool traditions to try this year that will up the family fun time on Christmas Day.
I came across this article on the Country Outfitter website the other day, and I am now excited to start up a few of these traditions this year. I think taking some time with the family to create something to commemorate each year's Christmas celebration is a great idea. Which of these ideas do you like?
- Get Crafty -Have each family member work on some fun crafts or projects. You could even have a contest to see who can make the best one.
- Give to Others - Take an hour or two and have the family volunteer at a local soup kitchen or wrap presents for those in need.
- Enjoy Some After Dinner Fun - Put your digestion time to good use and play a game or do a fun activity with the family unit.
- Give Thanks - Take a moment to remember the reason for the season, reflect on the past year, and give thanks for all your blessings. We do this at Thanksgiving, why not do it at Christmas as well?
- Share Recipes - Whether you make a family recipe cookbook, or you just have each family member bring a new recipe to share, this will put your on a new delicious path for the upcoming year.
- Have a Scavenger Hunt - This is a great way to keep the kiddos out of your hair while you are trying to prepare your Christmas feast.
- Hold a Cook-Off - Have some fun with your appetizers before the feast. Have everyone bring an appetizer of their choice and then vote on which one is best.
- Decorate for Christmas - This one seems a little weird since it is already Christmas Day, but saving a few favorite decorations to put up for this one very special day can be something the whole family will look forward to.