7 Things You Need To Know About Starved Rock Over Memorial Day Weekend
The weather for Memorial Day weekend is looking better than last years' and spending the day at Starved Rock would make great plans. There are a few things you need to know before heading to the state park.
If you've never walked through Starved Rock State Park in central Illinois plan on doing so this summer, it is well worth the drive. There are specific bits of information and rules you need to know as you enter the park and even frequent visitors will want to make note. Park officials will strongly be enforced over Memorial Day weekend, according to WREX.
- Follow directions and instructions from conservation police and park staff.
- No alcohol anywhere in the park (until after June 1).
- No off-trail hiking or trail-walking after dark.
- No rock or cliff-climbing.
- No swimming.
- No defacing sandstone walls.
- Absolutely NO littering.
TRAFFIC and OTHER REMINDERS
- All parking lots should be open.
- Expect lots of traffic. (Delays and full parking lots are likely.
- Be patient.
If you've never seen Starved Rock in person here is a great video.
Play nice and be safe this weekend while enjoying the weekend in which we honor the men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.