5 Things to do With Mom in Rockford This Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is this Sunday, and it looks like Mother Nature will be providing a great day for all Mom's to get out an enjoy. Here's 5 fun things you could do with Mom to make it a Mother's Day weekend to remember.
If you want your celebration with Mom to consist of more than brunch or dinner at one of Rockford's fantastic local restaurants, then here's the some things I think you should add to your celebration to-do list and make it a whole weekend affair.
- Klehm Arboretum Annual Plant Sale - Preview from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Event is free to attend on Saturday, but will cost $5 to attend tonight's preview. Choose from hundreds of colorful plants and unique varieties from local nurseries, plus you can stroll the grounds of the Arboretum to see what's budding this Spring.
- Rockford Park District's Spring Ice Show: Heroes vs. Villains - Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 1 and 7 p.m. at the Carlson Ice Arena on Perryville in Loves Park. Performances by the Rockford Park District's Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs featuring solo and group skating. Admission is $13 and $7 for ages 3 to 12, kids 2 and younger are free.
- Anderson Japanese Gardens Opening Celebration - Beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday - Ceremonial kickoff to the new garden season, with fun family activities including taiko drum performances, a scavenger hunt, tea and more. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors 62 and over and children over four.
- Mother's Day Weekend at Summerfield Zoo - 10 a.m to 5p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Stroll through and enjoy all the animals, plus meet some of the zoo's newest babies. Each Mom will get a free treat from Carmen's Cafe as well. Admission is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for kids 2 to 11, children 1 and younger are free.
- Mom's Day Out at the Museums - Local mothers and grandmothers will receive free admission to 5 Rockford area museums including; Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, Discovery Center Museum, Burpee Museum of Natural History, Rockford Art Museum and Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens. Each venue will be offering special Mother's Day activities.