5 Things ‘Back to the Future II’ Got Right About 2015, So Far
Does anyone else find it completely freaky that not only was 1989's 'Back to the Future II" a really good movie, but that it's entirely possible it was a real future teller as well?
I'll admit it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, but what I do remember it predicting for the year 2015 were hoverboards, drones, and a World Series win for the Chicago Cubs. Well, two out of three are now a reality, so odds for the third happening too are looking pretty darn good! (It's o.k. to feel giddy over that comment, Cubs fans!)
In fact, Back to the Future II's track record is even better than that. According to an article in the Rockford Register Star, these are the 5 things that the movie has accurately predicted for 2015 so far:
- Drones - The movie's 2015 version featured drones walking dogs in 2015, and today we fly drones, and they are even talks of Amazon using drones to deliver packages.
- Video phone calls - Marty McFly talked to a co-worker via a video call, and these days we constantly use video messaging such as Skype and Facetime.
- Hoverboards - These cool transportation modes may not be mainstream yet, but the technology is there, and several companies are working on developing them.
- Our Love for Sequels - We may not have "Jaws 19" yet like the movie does, but we sure do have a lot of 'Fast and Furious', 'Rocky', and 'Saw' sequels, so we are well on our way.
- Fingerprint Scanners - In the movie, homes are secured with fingerprint locks, and although most homes these days do not have this feature, fingerprint systems are available for purchase.
In summary, I am almost convinced the Chicago Cubs will win the 2015 World Series, and when they do the whole country will be celebrating the amazing future telling abilities of 'Back to the Future II'.