4 Scenic Northern Illinois Summer Motorcycle Trips [List]
Polish that chrome and lets get riding. As a motorcycle enthusiast, I'm always looking for some new fun roads to travel as the weather gets warm.
Riding in the city is not that much fun, but get a little out of town, hit the throttle and you'll discover some great two wheel destinations and sights. The cool thing is that you don't have to head too far from home to check out some great scenery and get some wind therapy, you'll find these trips right here in Northern Illinois.
Here are 4 great Northern Illinois Motorcycle Road trips
1. Route 2 Rock River Run. Let's start close to home. This 42 mile route runs south out of Rockford and takes a path right along the Rock River until you get to Dixon. The route has awesome scenery with views of the Rock River on your left as the road winds it's way south. Riders will see rock formations and ravines and as you approach Oregon, you see Chief Blackhawk on a bluff on the opposite side of the river.
2. Rockton to Savanna: Release your stress by taking in 96 miles of rolling hills trees and valleys. The trip starts on Rt 75 in Rockton and travels west through Dakota. Make a right on Cedarville Rd, then travel westbound through Cedarville to Lena. Hop on Stage Coach Trail road and go west through Lena. Enjoy the scenery of the town of Warren Apple River and Woodbane. Bikers will appreciate Scout Camp Road for it's cool hills and curves. Proceed onto Rt 20 in about 3 miles. Take Derinda Road on the left, the name of the road will change to Scenic Ridge Road, follow this road to Savanna Illinois. Poopies on highway 84 is the final destination on this trip. There, you can enjoy a great meal, chat with other bikers, kick back and relax and then head back.
3. Three Corners Scenic Loop. (Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa). This trip covers 304 miles, so plan your time accordingly. According to Motorcycleroads.com, this day long trip will include:
- Rolling cornfields
- Small mountains
- Roads along the Mississippi river
- Small towns
- Illinois stage coach trail
- New Diggings, WI is one of the cool stops on this trip
The route starts in Belvidere, heads to Janesville, Gratiot, to New Diggens (a great biker town), head west to Dubuque, south to Sabula then to Savanna, IL. Lots of signs will direct you to Poopies Biker Bar. Then travel Galena (a cool tourist town loaded with shops and restaurants) I like the popcorn shop downtown. Travel east out of Galena to Warren on Stage Coach Trail road Waddams Grove. Hop on W. Galena Road and travel to Lena, IL, head east on Highway 20 back to Rockford.
Google Maps[/caption]4. The Eagle's loop. This trip features
- Rolling hills
- Lakes and Small towns
This trip starts in Rockford, heads East to Belivdere then north to Wisconsin. Among the cool stops on this trip are
- Clinton, WI.
- Williams Bay
- Eagle, WI
- Kettle Moraine State Forest
Get more details HERE
Summer is just beginning. Don't let it get away without having some safe two wheeled fun. Ride safe!