26 Amusing Rockford Inspired Baby Names
When my son was born, his name was going to be Madison; that's because he was supposed to be a girl and what do you know, 21 hours of labor later, out comes a boy. He was nameless for at least 8 hours, until my mom came in with a baby name book; we each picked a name that we liked and put them together and the rest is history.
Inspiration for your baby's name can come from anywhere- a baby name book, friends, relatives, celebrities or one of a thousand "10 Best Baby Names of 2016 So Far" lists you saw on the web; but what about the town you live in? I bet you didn't think about naming your precious bundle of joy after something in Rockford.
Believe it or not, Rockford is a great resource for baby names; you just have to take a look around you.
Here's a list, to get you started, of 26 Rockford inspired baby names:
- Nick (Uncle Nicks)
- Lucha (Lucha Cantina)
- Rose (Irish Rose)
- Tom and Jerry (if it's twins)
- Sienna (Sienna's Kitchen)
Inspiration: Retail shops
- Art (Rockford Art Deli)
- Olive (Olive Oil Experience)
- Sonya (Salvaged by Sonya)
- Anderson (Anderson Japanese Gardens)
- Davis (Davis Park)
- Nicholas (Nicholas Conservatory)
- Carlson (Carlson Ice Arena)
Inspiration: Cheap Trick
Inspiration: Historic Landmarks
- Herrick (Herrick Cobblestone House)
- Garrison (Garrison School)
- William (William Brown Building)