25 Most Redneck Cities in Illinois [LIST]
Alright, now don't go and freak out!
Road Snacks, oh Road Snacks, you are so hilarious.
Every time I check out one of the lists on RoadSnacks.net I am never disappointed. They have a fantastic way of delivering data in the most entertaining ways.
The most recent list on Road Snacks talks about the most redneck cities in Illinois.
Using both dictionary definitions and stereotypical categories, they put together the perfect criteria to determine if a city is redneck or not. This is how they came up with the ranking:
The dictionary definition categories
- Small towns
- Least amount of high school graduates
- Lives in the south or midwest
And the stereotypical categories
- Number of dive bars per city
- Number of mobile home parks per capita
- Number of tobacco stores per city
- Number of guns and ammo stores per city
- Walmarts, Golden Corrals, Bass Pro Shops, and Dollar Generals nearby
Note: For the sake of getting reliable numbers, we counted places within a city’s border, as well as within a short driving distance.
So what towns ranked highest on the list?
- Mount Vernon
- North Riverside
- Winthrop Harbor
- Schiller Park
- Harwood Heights
- Evergreen Park
- River Forest
- Chicago Ridge
- Forest Park
Where did Rockford Rank? Welp, it didn't! Not on the top 100.