21 Best Pumpkin Beers, In Order [LIST]
It's that time of year again when everything, and everyone has gone pumpkin crazy. Whether you're a proud member of the pumpkin beer obsession, or just someone who wants to find out what the fuss is all about, these are the 21 pumpkin beers you need to try according to Thrillist.
The beers on this list were rated on 50 point system based on 5 catergories: Originality, "pumpkinyness", smoothness, overall flavor, and probability of drinking it again. Although they were unable to try every pumpkin beer in the nation due to liver limitations, Thrillist chose brews from all across the nation; from big breweries to the little guys making craft beer in the middle of nowhere. Personally, I was super excited to see one of the beers that tied for fourth and can't wait to try it!
Here's the results, in order from least favorite to best:
21. Smashed Pumpkin - Shipyard Brewing Co. - Portland, ME - 11 out of 50 points
20. Hooligan - North Peak Brewing Company -Traverse City, MI - 20 out of 50 points
19. He Said (Baltic Porter/Belgian Tripel) - 21st Amendment Brewery x Elysian Brewing Company - San Francisco, CA/Seattle, WA - 23 out of 50 points
18. Jack-O Traveler Shandy - The Traveler Beer Co. - Burlington, VT - 24 out of 50 points
17. Punkin Ale - Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, DE - 29 out of 50 points
15. (Tie) - The Fear - Flying Dog Brewery -Frederick, MD and Fermentation Without Representation - DC Brau Brewing Company x Epic Brewing Company - Washington, DC/Salt Lake City, UT - 34 out of 50 points
14. Pumpkin Ale - Upslope Brewing Company - Boulder, CO - 37 out of 50 points
12. (Tie) Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin - Uinta Brewing Company - Salt Lake City, UT and Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter - Redhook Brewery - Seattle, WA
10. (Tie) Splashing Pumpkin - Great South Bay Brewery - Bay Shore, NY and Pumpkin Patch Ale - Rogue Ales - Newport, OR - 39 out of 50 points
9. Pump[KY]n - Avery Brewing Company - Boulder, CO - 40 out of 50 points
8. Pepitas Grande - Paradox Beer Company - Woodland Park, CO - 41 out of 50 points
7. Punkuccino - Elysian Brewing Company - Seattle, WA - 42 out of 50 points
6. Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Weyerbacher Brewing Company - Easton, PA - 43 out of 50 points
4. (Tie) Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale - Stevens Point Brewery - Stevens Point, WI and Schlafly Pumpkin Ale - The St. Louis Brewery - St. Louis, MO - 44 out of 50 points
3. Pumking - Southern Tier Brewing Company - Lakewood, NY - 45 out of 50 points
2. The Great'ER Pumpkin - Heavy Seas Beer - Baltimore, MD - 46 out of 50 points
1. Good Gourd - Cigar City Brewing - Tampa, FL - 47 out of 50 points
To see each beer's taste description, check out the complete list here.
Now, to answer the big question; how many of these 21 beers can I find locally so I can conduct my own taste test?