2 Rockford Parks & Breweries Make Illinois’ ‘Hikes & Hops’ List
If you've still got some vacation time to burn, or you just want to spend an awesome weekend immersed in nature and beer, here's the places you need to be in Illinois to experience the best of both worlds.
The Chicago Tribune recently published an article about the best hiking trail and brewery pairs in Illinois, and well look at this, two of Rockford's favorite parks and brews made the list. Yay!
As a beer lover I know that the best tasting beer is the one you have after a major sweat session outdoors. I also feel that craft beers taste even better when the weather is warm, so this list is genius to me. Kudos to the Trib for finding some of the most unique and beautiful hiking trails in this state, and the best local tastes of summer to follow your hike up that are just a short drive away.
Grab your hiking boots, gas up the car, grab your friends, and check these places out before Summer runs out!
- Merwin Nature Preserve Trail in Lexington, IL and the Amra Mango IPA from DESTIHL Microbrewery in Normal, IL
- Starved Rock in Oglesby, IL and the Kit Kupfer from Tangled Roots Brewing Company in Ottawa, IL
- Rock Cut State Park in Loves Park, IL and Happidaze from Pig Minds Brewing
- Atwood Park in Rockford and the Prairie Vixen from Granite City Food and Brewery
- Cavalier de LaSalle in Bourbonnais, IL and the Cherry Bomb from Brickstone Brewery also in Bourbonnais.
- Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve in Darien, IL and Migratory Coconut golden ale from Skeleton Key Brewery in Woodridge, IL
- Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site in Petersburg, IL and Cucumber saison from Hand of Fate Brewing in Petersburg