15 Great Date Ideas For Couples That Are Broke
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and giving your a sweetie a date night to remember doesn't always mean throwing down huge wads of cash. Keep it low key this year with these easy and low-cost date ideas.
I know a lot of men think women aren't impressed on a date unless a lot of money is spent, and for a lot of women that may be true. Yes, us ladies like to be pampered, but I think most of us would agree that there are several ways to do that without spending a bunch of money. You can pamper us with your time, and the thought you put into preparing a simple, romantic evening. When it comes to love, it really is the thought that counts.
Here's 15 low-cost date ideas perfect for Valentine's Day from elitedaily.com:
- Go on a romantic walk at sunset - Sure it may be cold now, but the weather gives you even more excuses to snuggle.
- Stargaze - Grab a cozy blanket, perhaps some wine, and enjoy some simple relaxation with your sweetie.
- Cook a delicious dinner at your place - You can still have all the thrills of a fancy dinner like flowers, candlelight and music, but at a much lower price. Plus, you'll score major points with your date when they know that you prepared it all yourself.
- Teach them your specialty - If you have a hobby that would be fun to do as a couple, do it together for a night.
- Have a selfie-stick photo shoot afternoon - Plan out some scenic and fun spots for your date, and document it selfie-style. Extra bonus comes from making a photo collage of your memories for a future gift.
- Take her on a winery tour, take him to a classic car show - If you pull off both in the same day, you will be sharing something each of you enjoy, and it will be even more enjoyable doing it together.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter - Volunteering makes anyone feel good, plus you'll get a good look into what kind of person your date really is. If they can't be kind to animals, that's a huge red flag!
- Give them a home spa night - This night will be relaxing and enjoyable for both of you, plus doing the pampering at home allows for more intimacy than at a spa. Just sayin'.
- Order takeout - Have a fun carpet picnic in your jammies. Much more comfortable than getting all dressed up and dealing with crowds at a restaurant.
- Take them sledding - Re-live your childhood complete with hot chocolate, marshmallows and snowball fights. Now if Mother Nature can just get on board with this one.
- Have a homemade pizza night - Even if your date hates to cook, getting to create your own personal pie of deliciousness is fun.
- Go to a beer-tasting at a local brewery - Even if your date isn't a big beer drinker, they'll dig it. Breweries are hip, and then they get to brag to their friends that they went there.
- Have an outside campfire -Bundle up and enjoy, but don't forget the wine or the making for s'mores!
- Have a movie marathon - Snuggling, movies, a candlelight and a fire...what's not to enjoy?
- Have a chocolate chip cookie baking night - What a fun way to indulge, and since you set it up your date won't feel as guilty about enjoying it thoroughly.