12 Things To Do On Memorial Day Weekend in Rockford
We are just a week away from the beginning of summer, start planning your Memorial Day weekend, today!
Whether you want to have an exciting weekend on a kayak, relax with a Beatles tribute band or spend a day painting with a Q-tip and your favorite little kids, there is so much going on in Rockford this Memorial Day weekend.
Here are 12 things you can put on your weekend calendar.
- Rocktown Adventures - Kayak Trip: Kishwaukee River - Friday May 27, 3:30 to 6:30 pm at Espenscheid Forest Preserve. Register ahead on their website.
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens Lego Exhibit - Now through June 19. Flowers made out of Legos are taking over Rockford, regular admission for the Conservatory to see the exhibit.
- Music on the Mall - Now through September 16 on Friday nights at Edgebrook, outside of Mary's Market. Free admission, Friday May 27 features Eddie B Jazz.
- Magic Waters Opening Weekend - The park opens Saturday May 28 at 10a.m. for the 2016 summer season!
- Crooked River 5K Walk/Run - Head over to the Pecatonica Library for their river walk and river run, you can sign up ahead of time or the day of for an extra $5.
- American English Beatles Tribute at Young at Heart - There are plenty of reasons to head to Young at Heart this year including the American English performance Friday, May 27 from 9:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- 40th Annual Blackhawk Country Roads Invitational - In the mood for a long bike ride next weekend? Here's your answer, with three different length options, plus lunch. The rides are both Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and you can register now.
- Let's Pack a Picnic - Saturday May 28 at 11a.m. at the Rockford Public Library, story time and a pretend craft picnic lunch.
- Spring Creek UCC - Concerts on the Creek - Now through September 17, every Saturday at the Spring Creek United Church of Christ, free event, May 28 performance featuring Roy Orbison's Ring Tribute & Retrospective by Trinadora Rocks with Ron Holm and Jannie Nelson.
- Nordlof Center - PRINCE Memorial Film Screening - Sunday May 29 at 12:30p.m. a free three movie event celebrating Prince, showing Under the Cherry Moon, Purple Rain and Graffiti Bridge.
- Discovery Center Museum - Messy Monday: Q-Tip Painting - Just in case it rains, which it generally does, on Memorial Day, take the kids inside for Messy Monday from 11a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the event is included with museum admission otherwise it's $8 per person, free for kids under one.
- 2016 Carden Super Spectacular Circus in Loves Park - Monday May 30 at the Indoor Sports Center from 4 to 6 p.m., tickets are $14-18.