9 Farmer’s Markets in the Stateline You’ve Got to Try This Summer
For the most incredible produce, fair-trade items and locally grown meat, the Stateline's Farmers Markets are the place to be.
When I was young my grandmother would take my siblings and I to a local farm every weekend. We would scour through wooden crates looking for the best produce, especially corn on the cob. In my own opinion, it was the best corn on the cob I have ever had. I'll have to go back to that little farm now as I'm older to get the same sweet corn I had as a kid.
Rockford is no stranger to some of the best Farmers Markets in the Stateline area. This year, grab the kids and make memories as my grandmother did with us. Enjoy some of the best in local meats, produce, baked goods and more.
1. Rockford City Market - Water Street between State and Jefferson Streets in downtown Rockford
- May 20- Sept. 30, Every Friday Rain or Shine
- 3:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. before Labor day, 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. after Labor Day
2. Belvidere Farmers Market and Crafts - Dodge Lanes Bowling Alley Parking Lot
- Saturdays 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., May 21 through Oct. 22
3. Byron Farmers Market - Sunshine Park, corner of Peru Street and Illinois 2, Byron
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, June 30 through Oct. 13
4. Edgebrook Farmers Market - Edgebrook Shopping Center, corner of North Alpine and Highcrest Roads, Rockford
- Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first Wednesday in May to last Wednesday in October.
- Thursdays, 3 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., June
5. HCC Realty Market - 1240 S Alpine Road, Rockford
- Fridays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May through October
6. North End Commons Farmers Market - South East Corner of Auburn and Main, Rockford
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 14th through October.
7. Oregon Farmers Market - On the courthouse lawn under the shade trees
- Saturdays, 9 a.m.to 1 p.m., July 14 though September.
8. Sycamore's Farmers Market - downtown Sycamore on the corner of Somonauk and Elm Streets, Sycamore
- Tuesdays, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., June 7th though September 27th.
9. Winnebago Farmers Market - Main and Benton Streets, Winnebago
- Fridays, 3:30 to 7 p.m. May 27 through October 28