11 Dumb Questions People Have Asked Me About Rockford
Later today I'll be hopping in my KIA to make the trip across the Dairyland to get to the other side- my home state of Minnesota.
Every year I make the pilgrimage to attend The Conclave, a large learning conference for people in broadcasting and digital media.
And every year, without fail, when I tell people the city that I work in, they ask me some of the dumbest questions. I suppose I can't blame them; if you've never been to Rockford, you might have the same ones.
Has anyone ever asked you these 10 dumb questions about Rockford?
- Where the heck is Rockford?
- Isn't Rockford in Michigan?
- Why would you want to live there?
- Is Rockford even safe?
- Are there tall buildings there?
- Why is Rockford so flat?
- Do you go golfing at Volcano Falls?
- What's that place with all the colorful water slides?
- Why are there so many fast food places?
- Do you have any local restaurants, stores or coffee shops there?
- Them: Where is Rockford? Me: It's where Cheap Trick is from. Them: Who's Cheap Trick?
What's the dumbest question anyone has ever asked you about Rockford?