10 Things To Do In The Rockford Area For Less Than $10
My wife and I are expecting our third child later this year so in attempt to save money we have been looking for things to do in Rockford this summer on the cheap.
Thankfully, we found this great list on Northern Illinois Couponing that highlights 35 different things to do in the Rockford area for less than $10.
Here are the 10 I thought worked best for my family.
- Friday Night Flix: Starts Friday, June 12 at Davis Park in downtown Rockford. See a different family movie each week.
- Ski Broncs: I have two boys, so these guys like to do stuff that has some type of action involved. I think they'd like water skiing acrobatics.
- Discovery Center Museum: You can't take my kids anywhere without them wanting to touch everything. Thankfully, Discovery Center has over 200 hands on exhibits.
- Sapora Playworld: There are going to be rainy days this summer and my kids will need to burn off some energy. Sapora Playworld should do just the trick.
- Rockford Aviators Baseball: The Aviators are off to a nice start this year, and my oldest son plays baseball, so it seems natural to take him to a game at some point this summer.
- Riverview IceHouse Public Skate: My oldest son also plays hockey and my youngest is just now starting to show interest. There will also be some unbearably hot days, so what better way to cool off than skating around indoors?
- Ingersoll Golf Course "Learning Links": We bought golf clubs for my oldest last summer. This is a good way for him to learn the game.
- Trolley Car 36: My youngest son likes things on rails. He has been a Thomas the Train fan for as long as I can remember. This is right up his alley.
- AMC Theaters: I know that movies can be expensive but if you go at the right time, you get a nice matinee price. If you are a Stubs member you save even more.
- Little Wrigley Field: The Cubs are good this year, which makes a trip to Freeport even more necessary. By all accounts, it is an exact replica of Wrigley Field, just smaller.