10 Things Every New Rockford Resident Needs to Do
Sean Kelly, the newest member of the Wake Up Crew, has just moved here from the Peoria area. Since I will be going on maternity leave in just a few days, I thought it would be nice to leave him with a fun to-do list of places to see and things to do in Rockford. Here's 10 must-do things that I think he should do this summer, what would you add to the list?
- Visit the Rockford City Market and spend and evening enjoying downtown Rockford.
- See a show at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
- Eat at Beef-A-Roo, Stockholm Inn and Johnny Pamcakes
- Take a walk along the river in Sinnissippi Park.
- Visit the Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens.
- Watch the 4th of July fireworks in downtown Rockford.
- Take the family to Magic Waters.
- Feed the koi fish at Anderson Japanese Gardens.
- Spend a relaxing day at Pearl Lake.
- Go camping at Rock Cut State Park.
Now that I've showed you my ideas, it's your turn! Sean is super excited to be in Rockford, and wants to make sure he experiences his new city to the fullest! What's some of your favorite things to do in Rockford during the summer? Let us know in the comment section below.